Introduction

Jeffery Lawshe lawshe at UW.EDU
Fri Mar 23 19:46:50 UTC 2012

Greetings! I plan to lurk for awhile, but just so that you'll know I'm
lurking in good faith...

I'm currently a Ph.D. student in the English department (language and
rhetoric track) at the University of Washington, and a Web communication
professional for a nonprofit child welfare foundation.

I'm still finishing coursework and settling into approaches and areas of
interest: systemic functional linguistics, Toulmin argument models, corpus
analysis, and critical theory associated with CDA. Primarily I'm interested
in examining texts that have a bearing on social policy issues and public
rhetoric, especially in child welfare.

Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Best,
Jeffery Lawshe

---
http://twitter.com/jlawshe