research stay

Heather, N N.Heather at RHUL.AC.UK
Mon Sep 30 12:54:18 UTC 2013

Dear Catarina,

Now a UK academic at Royal Holloway U of London, Diego Vazquez, my last PhD student, did his research on corporate social reponsibility in business discourse in Argentinian firms.
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/diego-vazquez-brust/13/ba0/18b

Noel Heather
(Retired from RHUL)
From: TheDiscourseStudiesList <DISCOURS at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG> on behalf of Catharina Müller <catharina.muller at UDC.ES>
Sent: 30 September 2013 10:07
To: DISCOURS at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: research stay

Dear list members,

first of all, apologies for cross-posting.

I am a PhD student at the University of A Coruña, Spain, looking for a university (in any country, less Spain) in order to do a research stay of three months.

My research concerns the examination of business discourse. Specifically, I am concentrating on the discourse of Corporate Social Responsibility in the garment industry. I have a critical, interpretative approach to the analysis of this discourse, looking for relations of power, persuasion, ideology…

If anybody is aware of a university/department/professor working in something similar and with the possibility to receive a PhD student, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Best,

Catharina Müller

Universidade de A Coruña