Mark Volpe: Very belated message: unaccusatives w/ special meaning

Martha McGinnis mcginnis at ucalgary.ca
Thu Aug 29 18:07:32 UTC 2002

Dear Listers,
    Thanks for the outstanding postings of all on the
last two topics. Due to personal problems I was only
able to catch up with the exchanges around mid-summer.
    In particular, I found the discussion on
unaccusatives very beneficial to my own research. The
phenomena described by Karine Megerdoomian for
Armenian seems to be identical to that which is found
in Japanese.
    I was therefore hoping that she might be willing to
contact me and help me find relevant articles of hers
which might allow for deeper comparisons of Armenian
unaccusatives and their lexical causative partners
with those of Japanese. I'm at <markv58 at yahoo.com>. If
Karine, or for that matter anyone is interested, I had
a piece in volume 4 of "Snippets" on Japanese and the
causative alternation.
    Thanks for letting me use this forum for an
essentially selfish purpose.
                         Mark