Bloomfield's Taxemes

Martha McGinnis mymble at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 19 15:38:31 UTC 2003

Dan,

>Are there any explicit comparisons between 'readjustment rules' in
>DM and SPE with Bloomfield's 'taxemes'?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  If you're looking to be
conscientious about citing published sources that draw this
comparison, I think it's safe to say there aren't any.  If you're
hoping to start a discussion of this issue on the list, it might be
helpful to start by suggesting a basis for comparison.  For my part,
I'd want to know if any empirical insights can be gained from such a
comparison.  Otherwise, I'll leave the discussion to the philosophers.

-Martha
mcginnis at ucalgary.ca