references on ineffability as conflicting forms

Martha McGinnis mcginnis at UCALGARY.CA
Fri Jun 20 16:56:09 UTC 2003

By the way... I never responded to this message from Carson.  (I'm on
sabbatical!)

(1) Rolf Noyer has done a fair amount of work on types of
morphological blocking, of which this kind of ineffability is one.
Maybe he can answer this one.

(2) Maybe me-lui effects?  These have sometimes been described as a
conflict between a need for direct object agreement/clitics to appear
on a verb, and the blocking effect of indirect object
agreement/clitics.

(3) No idea.

Best,
Martha