syncretism w/o paradigms

Andrew Nevins anevins at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 12 20:42:14 UTC 2004

Hello All (esp. John):

>I admire Andrew's strong feelings about what would and would not
>be bizarre about the way the brain does linguistic computations.
>That aside, he misunderstood my own hunch about the way things
>work.

A clarification: My message was a response to Martha, and
an elaboration on her reference to why I thought Impoverishment
happened at a Node. It was not a response to John's hunch;
I don't know what that was and I didn't read his original message.

That said, the points you make are interesting, John. I will
see if they work in their entirety and have to think about extrinsic
ordering of Impoverishment rules a little longer.

--AIN