Dates of conference

Daniel L. Everett dlevere at ILSTU.EDU
Thu Mar 22 16:08:26 UTC 2007

I forgot to include the dates for the Recursion conference. April 27-29

Dan

**********************
Daniel L. Everett, Professor of Linguistics, Anthropology, and
Biological Sciences
and

Chair,
Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Campus Box 4300
Illinois State University
Normal, Illinois 61790-4300
OFFICE: 309-438-3604
FAX: 309-438-8038

Dept: http://www.llc.ilstu.edu/default.asp
Recursion: http://www.llc.ilstu.edu/rechul/
Personal: http://www.llc.ilstu.edu/dlevere/

Honorary Professor of Linguistics
University of Manchester
Manchester, UK
“The notion that the essence of what it means to be human is most
clearly revealed in those features of human culture that are
universal rather than in those that are distinctive to this people or
that is a prejudice that we are not obliged to share... It may be in
the cultural particularities of people — in their oddities — that
some of the most instructive revelations of what it is to be
generically human are to be found.” Clifford Geertz (1926-2006)