Communicative Competence and Language Teaching

Leo VanLier lvanlier at MIIS.EDU
Tue Sep 30 14:58:38 UTC 2003

There are several other early sources on CC; two of them are: Campbell &
Wales (in John Lyons: New horizons in linguistics. Penguin- I don't have
the exact year here), and a Jürgen Habermas paper on communicative
competence (I think 1971). Habermas argues, e.g.  that communicative
competence underlies linguistic competence.
LvL