Job Opening in Teacher Education

ouelletm at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU ouelletm at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Fri Apr 23 17:27:11 UTC 2004

Hey EdLingers,

How's it going?  I have been so engrossed in my dissertation lately that I
haven't been involved too much with Penn events and people.  Sorry about that.
Anyway, I thought some of you in the Ph.D. program might be interested in
teaching in the ESL Teacher Education program here at Drexel.  Since I will be
leaving for Texas in July, three summer graduate courses will be available: The
Structure and Sound System of English (covers phonetic/phonology, a little
morphology as well as semantics/syntax of English), Language Teaching and
Learning (a "dumbed-down" introduction to SLA and SLT), and Design & Assessment
(covers lesson planning, assessment & evaluation tools, curriculum
design/materials, and I also throw a brief lecture on language teaching
methods).  If anyone is interested, you can talk to me
(ouelletm at dolphin.upenn.edu) or to Barbara Hoekje, Director of the English
Language Center at Drexel University, (hoekje at drexel.edu).  The pay is fairly
good, and they are looking for a Ph.D. or Ph.D.-seeking candidate.  Anyway,
just thought you guys might like to hear that news.

Mark Ouellette