[EDLING:442] CFP: Japanese Society for Language Sciences

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Dec 9 17:25:32 UTC 2004

First Call for Papers: JSLS2005  (deadline February 15, 2005) *****

The Japanese Society for Language Sciences invites proposals for our Seventh
Annual International Conference, JSLS 2005. We welcome proposals for paper and
poster presentations and for one symposium.

As keynote speaker, we will invite Dr. Dan I. Slobin (University of
California, Berkeley).

JSLS2005 Conference Committee Chair

Hirohide Mori (Nihon University), and Kaoru Koyanagi (Sophia University)

Conference Dates/ Location

   The Seventh Annual International Conference of the Japanese Society for

   Language Sciences will be held as follows:

   (1) June 25 (Saturday)- 26 (Sunday), 2005

   (2) Sophia University (Yotsuya campus), Tokyo, Japan

 Submissions

   We would like to encourage submissions on research pertaining to

   language sciences, including linguistics, psychology, education,

   computer science, brain science, and philosophy, among others. We

   will not commit ourselves to one or a few particular theoretical

   frameworks. We will respect any scientific endeavor that aims to

   contribute to a better understanding of the human mind and the

   brain through language.

 Submission Deadline

 All submissions should be e-mailed by February 15, 2005 (Tuesday).

 Submission guidelines are available on the JSLS 2005 website at:

http://www.cyber.sccs-u.ac.jp/JSLS/JSLS2005/cfp-e.htm

(this page will come soon)

 All questions regarding the JSLS 2005 conference should be addressed to:

Kei Nakamura

JSLS 2004 Conference Coordinator

e-mail: kei at aya.yale.edu <mailto:kei at aya.yale.edu>