[EDLING:450] Fwd: CFP: Trans-forming Feminism (1/5/05; 4/23/05)

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Fri Dec 10 22:41:02 UTC 2004

Call For Proposals:
Trans-Forming Feminism Conference
Deadline: January 5, 2005

The 2nd Annual Trans-Forming Feminism Conference is currently in its
planning stages. This one-day conference would be held at the State
University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) on April 23rd,
2005.

We are looking to create a conference that will explore the issues
connecting and dividing the Transgender and Feminist communities. We
want to address the fears, myths, and misunderstandings that often
keep these movements from building coalitions together. We want to
hear lots of different voices, for as we all know, there is no one
voice that speaks for everyone.

We are looking for innovative, dynamic, refreshing, and honest
proposals for workshops, papers, panels, and performance pieces.

Proposals should include:

One page description of presentation, how it relates to the conference
theme, and the topics and activities it will include.
Name and short description of relevant experience for each presenter.
Name, address, phone, and e-mail for contact person.

Proposals can be e-mailed to:   transformfeminism at gmail.com

Or mailed                                Trans-Forming Feminism Conference
                                              Southside House
                                              SUNY New Paltz
                                              New Paltz, NY 12561

                         Full Information at