[EDLING:475] Re: Qualitative Research Question

Moses Samuel mosess at UM.EDU.MY
Tue Dec 14 02:08:10 UTC 2004

Dear Miriam,

Articles in major journals like _Qualitative Studies in Education_ or _Anthropology & Education Quarterly_  reveal the use of first person interpretative accounts of research.  This is now pretty much commonplace in the field.  But I would make a distinction between the researcher's interpretive "voice" and the "voice(s" of participants, which could be represented by verbatim quotes or excerpts from transcriptions.

Moses Samuel