[EDLING:486] Re: Poll: DO NOT REPLY TO LIST PLEASE

John S. Mayher john.mayher at NYU.EDU
Wed Dec 15 22:49:58 UTC 2004

>Thanks to all who have been so quick in their responses to the poll.  Again,
>please reply directly to me (fmhult at dolphin.upenn.edu) not the entire list.
>If you simply hit 'reply' it will automatically go to the whole list.
>
>Francis

Edling Poll

1. In what country are you located?

	USA

2. What major city are you in or near?

	New York

3. With what institution(s) are you affiliated, if any?

	New York U.

       3a. Please specify your academic department:

	Teaching and Learning, English Education Program

4. What is your position (faculty, staff, independent researcher,
    student, etc.)?

	Professor of English Education and Educational Linguistics

       4a. If student, please specify if you are
            a secondary school student
            an undergraduate/first degree level student
            a master's student
            a doctoral student/candidate
            other

5. What are your specific interests in educational linguistics?

	What do teachers (mostly secondary 1st language teachers)
need to know about language. Esp: Grammar, dialects, discourse, etc.

6. Additional comments:

I really enjoy the postings on the list -- but it would be nice to
see a bit more dialogue.

--
John S. Mayher
Professor, English Education				email:
john.mayher at nyu.edu
Department of Teaching and Learning
Steinhardt School of Education			Phone: 212-998-5245
New York University				Fax: 212-995-4049
239 Greene Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003