[EDLING:250] Re: phonology question

sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jul 15 15:05:16 UTC 2004

Glad to provide "fun" to someone's day!

The thing with words like Persian and Fusion is that the voicing happens when
the spelling is with SI, not actually the letters TI.  That's what seems to
make it so unique... and befuddling!

Laura