tips for ESL teachers

Francis M Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Fri Mar 5 19:16:52 UTC 2004

Teaching portfolios are becoming especially important for seeking ESL
positions in the US (I don't know about other parts of the
World)--particularly at the  elementary and secondary level
but often in higher education (such as English language institutes and
community colleges) as well.

Here are some book that might be helpful:

Murray, J.P. (1997).  Successful Faculty Development and Evaluation:
The Complete Teaching Portfolio.  ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report No.
8.  Washington, D.C.:  The George Washington University, Graduate School
of Education and Human Development.

Rieman, P. (2000).  Teaching Portfolios: Presenting your Professional
Best.  McGraw-Hill.
http://www.mhhe.com/catalogs/007239093x.mhtml

Seldin, Peter (1997).  The teaching portfolio: A practical guide to
improved performance and promotion/tenure decisions (2nd Ed.).  Bolton,
MA: Anker Publishing.

Some useful links on the web

http://www.tulane.edu/~tep/teach/portfolio.html

http://www-ctd.ucsd.edu/resources/teaching_tips/portfolios.htm