[EDLING:303] CFP: Minority Writing & Narrative Theory

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Mon Sep 13 19:22:34 UTC 2004

>>From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List

Narrative Conference
April 7-10, 2005
Lousville, KY

I am seeking papers on any aspect of the relationship between minority
writing and narrative theory for a panel at the 2005 Narrative Conference
in April 2005.

Possible questions include:
- What insights has ethnic studies and the study of minority writing
provided for narrative theory? What insights might it provide?
- How does narrative theory challenge the disciplinary bounds and
methodologies of ethnic studies?
- What reconsiderations are necessary or possible in the "application" of
narrative theory to minority writing?
- How has feminist narrative theory contributed to the study of minority
writing, and vice versa?

In this CFP, I define "minority writing" as writing by U.S. ethnic
minorities, but I would also welcome challenges to that categorization in
relation to some aspect of narrative theory.

Proposals should include 1) a 300-word abstract, 2) a brief vitae (for
panel proposal purposes). Please send proposals (in the body of email or as
Microsoft Word attachment) to Sue Kim at suekim at uab.edu by October 5, 2004.

See the conference's official website for additional information:
http://www.louisville.edu/conference/narrative/