[EDLING:924] Smithsonian Institute forensic linguistics announcement

M van Naerssen mvnaerss at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Mon Aug 22 03:00:22 UTC 2005

Pardon this self-promotional announcement but in case you know of anyone in
the Washington, D.C. area that might be interested....

Here's an announcement of a talk (with Power Point) that I've been invited
to give at the Smithsonian Institution (US national museum
system in Washington, D.C.) on September 21.  It is one session of a
year-around variety of educational presentations sponsored by the
Smithsonian Associates.
 http://residentassociates.org/otosep/linguistics.asp

The link will give you an idea of what my talk will be about.  If you know
of any linguistics or law enforcement groups in the Washington, D.C. area
that might be interested, at a general level, please forward it.  I have
already had it sent to Georgetown University, Center for Applied
Linguistics,  TESOL, and WATESOL.

I should, however, warn you that it has to be oriented towards the general
public, introductory in nature. And the announcement is a compromise between
my forensic linguistics concerns and the marketing concerns of the
Smithsonian.  It doesn't sound like a conference presentation abstract.

Margaret van Naerssen