[EDLING:1107] [Fwd: Re: Position Announcement]
warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Dec 7 15:26:44 UTC 2005
via the CAE listserv . . .
*We would like to find an educational anthropologist for the position
below: ** *
*EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS AND RESEARCH*
*Position Description:* The Department of Educational Foundations and
Research in the College of Education and Human Development at the
University of North Dakota invites applications for a tenure track
faculty position in *Educational Foundations and Research*. The
position is at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
* Teaching graduate courses in *Multicultural Education,
Anthropological or Cultural Foundations of Education, and
Qualitative Research Methods*
* Advise graduate students; Chair or serve on Doctoral and Masters
* Developing and maintaining a research agenda
* Collaborating with practicing educators with preference for
experience with Native American Education groups.
* Earned doctorate in Education with emphasis in Foundations of
Education and Qualitative Research Methods
* Teaching experience
* Evidence of potential for research activities, including scholarly
* Evidence of strong collegial and interpersonal relationships
* College/University teaching experience
* Experience with constructivist teaching approaches
* Commitment to integrative curriculum, inclusionary practices and a
* Publication experience
*Salary:* Commensurate with experience and qualifications
*Term of Contract:* Tenure track appointment is for 9 months at the
Assistant or Associate Professor level. Starting date is 8/16/06.
Summer and distance education teaching opportunities are available.
*Application Process:* Forward a letter of application, copies of
transcripts, curriculum vita, and names of three references with
complete contact information. Screening will begin January 15, 2006 and
continue until the position is filled.
*Contact Person:* Dr. Kathleen Gershman, Chair, Department of
Educational Foundations and Research, UND, P.O. Box 7189, Grand Forks,
ND 58202-7189. Phone: 701-777-2171/Fax: 701-777-4393. E-mail:
_kathleen_gershman_ at und.nodak.edu <mailto:thomas_steen at und.nodak.edu>
Educational Foundations and Research is a department within an NCATE
accredited School of Education and is in compliance with all Title II
requirements. Organized to support a broad view of education, the
college seeks to serve preservice and inservice teachers,
administrators, and other specialized education personnel with intensive
integrated programs of study. UND is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative
Action Employer. Web: _www.und.nodak.edu_
*Janet G. Ahler*
Janet G. Ahler, Ph.D., Prof.
Educational Foundations & Research
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND 58202
More information about the Edling