[EDLING:590] research assistance - educational narratives

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Jan 26 18:14:43 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues:

I am researching how TESOL/Bilingual professionals (teachers, researchers &
administrators) are socialized into the academic discourse of their
profession.  Currently, I am seeking written narratives about a change in
speech and/or thought after participation in a class, a graduate program or
even a professional development meeting.  Using discourse/literary analysis,
these narratives will then be analyzed for commonalities and differences.

If you are willing to assist me with this project, I would appreciate it if you
would send a brief (2-3 paragraphs) narrative about your experience.
Additionally, if you know someone who also might be willing to participate in
this project, I would appreciate it if you would forward this email on to
him/her.

If you have any questions about this project, please contact me at
warholt at dolphin.upenn.edu.

I thank you in advanace for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Tamara Warhol

--
Tamara Warhol