[EDLING:596] Re: ESL in American High Schools

Richard Hudson dick at LINGUISTICS.UCL.AC.UK
Wed Jan 26 20:50:08 UTC 2005

Dear Martha,
Could you explain ESL and ELL? Is this for L2 learners of English?
Acronyms don't translate easily across the Atlantic, I'm afraid.
    Dick

--
Richard Hudson, FBA,
Emeritus Professor of Linguistics,