[EDLING:610] call for abstracts

Teresa Pica teresap at GSE.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 27 23:04:27 UTC 2005

Call for Abstracts

                               16th Annual Student Research Poster Symposium

                                Saint Joseph's University Chapter of
Sigma Xi

                                    "A Celebration of Student Research"

        The 16th annual Sigma Xi Student Research Symposium will be held
on Friday, April 8th, 2005, at Saint Joseph's
University in Philadelphia.  Undergraduate and Graduate students in the
areas of math, computer science, engineering, the
natural and the social sciences are invited to present their work.
Previous symposia have featured posters presented by
students from colleges and universities in Pennsylvania, New Jersey,
Maryland, Delaware, and  New York, with some
students coming from as far away as Minnesota, Texas, Ohio, Oklahoma and Virginia.

        This years speaker will be Dr. Joy Crisp, Lead Project Scientist
for the NASA Mars Exploration Rovers Projects.  Dr.
Crisp's seminar will open the symposium.  Her talk, which begins at 5:00
PM, is free and open to the public.  We request
that you register in advance for the symposium via our web-site
(http://www.sju.edu/honor-society/sigma-xi/).  Registration
will begin on February 1. The seminar will be followed by a public
reception. The poster session will then open at 7:00 PM
and remain open until 8:30 at which time there will be a dinner for the
presenters, their faculty mentor's and guests.  The
symposium will conclude at 10:00 PM.

        Abstracts for posters are due by March 28th.  Abstracts and all
registration materials must be submitted through our
web-site (http://www.sju.edu/honor-society/sigma-xi).  A mailing
containing announcement posters,  and additional
information will be sent out shortly all schools that have previously
participated in the symposium.  If you would like to be
added to our mailing list, please contact Dr. Michael McCann via e-mail
at mmccann at sju.edu or by phone at 610-660-1823.
We look forward to seeing you in April.

Best regards,

Michael McCann