[EDLING:905] Job: Visiting Asst Prof. in Sociolinguistics at Reed College

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Sat Jul 30 14:21:07 UTC 2005

>>From the Linguist List

Date: 28-Jul-2005
From: robert brightman <robert.brightmanreed.edu>
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, Reed College,
Portland, USA

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Reed College
Department: Linguistics Program
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; pragmatics, discourse, computational
linguistics

Reed College seeks applications for a one-year visiting position in
Linguistics at the visiting assistant professor level for the academic year
2005-6, beginning August 2005. We will be especially interested in candidates
who can teach in one or more of the following areas: sociolinguistics;
computational linguistics; discourse, corpus-based linguistics; dialectology,
language variation and change, historical linguistics; pidgins and creoles,
language contact; language families/areas other than Austronesian and
Algonquian. Teaching load is five courses over the academic year, plus some
senior thesis advising. Prior teaching experience desirable. Given the extreme
time pressure, we would request all applications and supporting documents,
including letters of recommendation, to be sent either by email or by express
mail to the address below.

Address for Applications:

Robert Brightman
Linguistcs Search Committee