[EDLING:841] Re: educated speaker

Sean P. McGrew mcgrew at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jun 9 14:11:09 UTC 2005

This sounds to me a lot like the descriptor used at the top of the U.S.
Foreign Service's scale of language competence. For an intro to the
development of that scale, you could start with
http://www.govtilr.org/ILRscale_hist.htm

--
Sean McGrew
Graduate School of Education