[EDLING:854] Re: CFP: Migration & English Teaching

Felicia Lincoln flincoln at UARK.EDU
Thu Jun 16 19:24:49 UTC 2005

Dear All, I have an international student who is interested in Multiple
intelligences and ESL or MI by ethnicity or language group.  Do anyone of
you have a place for her to start in researching the topic?  Thanks.  f

At 08:07 PM 6/15/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> > CFP: Migration & English teaching for the journal, Changing English:
> Studies
> > in Culture and Education; deadline Mon Jul 18 2005
> > Susan Alice Fischer
> >

> > The editors of Changing English welcome submissions with a special focus on
> > migration as it relates to teaching English at any level.  Authors might
> > focus on the impact of migration on teaching language, literacy or
> > literature anywhere in the world.
> >
> > Editorial correspondence and manuscripts, ideally of 2000 to 5000 words,
> > should be addressed to the Associate Editor, Dr Susan Alice Fischer (Medgar
> > Evers College of The City University of New York), and sent to
> > safcpw at earthlink.net or safischer at mac.com. The editor Professor Jane Miller
> > (Institute of Education, University of London) may be reached at
> > JaneMJamiller at aol.com.
> >
> > Submissions for this special focus should reach the Associate Editor by
> Jul=
> > 18, 2005. Earlier queries are welcome, but decisions will be made only on
> > final papers.
> >
> > On an ongoing basis, the editors invite submissions that meet the general
> > guidelines:
> >
> > Changing English is an established journal for English teachers in primary,
> > secondary and tertiary education.  The journal aims to encourage
> > international dialogue between teachers and researchers and to support
> > teachers and schools on issues surrounding literacy and language.  In
> > particular, Changing English considers the future of English as a
> subject i=
> > the context of its history and the scope for development and change.
> >
> > Recent years have seen new arguments and new contents offered for
> English i=
> > many countries, at a time when governments have given issues in English
> > teaching a new prominence and where students=B9 linguistic and cultural
> > backgrounds are diverse. Changing English provides a forum for necessary
> > debate and for evaluation of new perspectives.
> >
> > The editors encourage articles and reviews from writers concerned with
> > English teaching worldwide.  Contributions are welcome which discuss
> > developments in aspects of language, literacy and literature teaching
> in al=
> > areas of the curriculum.
> >
> > The journal is subject to a peer review process and published three times a
> > year, in April, August and December.  The journal is published by Routledge
> > (Taylor & Francis Group).  For further information, visit the website:
> > www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/1358684X.asp

Felicia Lincoln, Ph.D.
College of Education and Health Professions
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
203 Peabody Hall
Fayetteville, AR 72701-1201
479-575-8729

The end of the dictatorship of English marks the beginning of North
American cultural democracy.
-- Joshua A. Fishman, June 2002