[EDLING:709] “E-learning: how to focus on the functional aspect of Business English”

Tanja Angelovska tanja_angelovska at YAHOO.DE
Mon Mar 21 15:06:58 UTC 2005

Dear linguists

At the moment I am working on my Master Thesis titled “E-learning: how to focus on the functional aspect of Business English”

Taking into consideration the typical structure of business English I want to focus on some form-function opposition, as business English courses tend to focus on the functional aspect of language. I will concentrate on the form and function as far as tense/aspect is concerned as the business people tend to explain the function of eg. the future tense much more in detail than "ordinary" English teachers.

I need your help in suggesting me some new literature /articles connected with this topic and if possibly some suggestions on what other parts I can focus.

Hopefully some is familiar with this.

Thanks a lot in advance. Please send all answers on my email: tanja_angelovska at yahoo.de

Best regards

Tanja Angelovska