[EDLING:717] Re: 20Re: “E-learning: how to focus on the functional aspect of Business English”

Tanja Angelovska tanja_angelovska at YAHOO.DE
Wed Mar 23 09:05:06 UTC 2005

Thank you a lot for your support and help. I appreciate it a lot and would also be very grateful for further recommendations and thoughts on this topic.

Have a nice day

Best regards

Tanja

"Francis M. Hult" <fmhult at dolphin.upenn.edu> wrote:Tanja,

You might find this article useful.

Tarnopolsky, O. & Kozhushko, S. (2003). Acquiring Business English in a
Quasi-Natural Business Environment: A Method of Teaching Business English to
Students of Business and Economics. Working Papers in Educational Linguistics
18 (2):55-88.

You can get it online here

http://www.wpel.net/v18/v18n2.html

It's not about e-learning specifically but it describes a curriculum for
teaching business English.

Francis

Quoting Tanja Angelovska :

> Dear linguists
>

> At the moment I am working on my Master Thesis titled “E-learning: how to
> focus on the functional aspect of Business English”
>

> Taking into consideration the typical structure of business English I want to
> focus on some form-function opposition, as business English courses tend to
> focus on the functional aspect of language. I will concentrate on the form
> and function as far as tense/aspect is concerned as the business people tend
> to explain the function of eg. the future tense much more in detail than
> "ordinary" English teachers.
>

> I need your help in suggesting me some new literature /articles connected
> with this topic and if possibly some suggestions on what other parts I can
> focus.
>

> Hopefully some is familiar with this.
>

> Thanks a lot in advance. Please send all answers on my email:
> tanja_angelovska at yahoo.de
>

> Best regards
>
> Tanja Angelovska

> Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB kostenlosem Speicher

Angelovska Tanja

Christoph-Probst Str 16/0331
80805 München

Tel: 089 122 955 03