[EDLING:797] Re: looking for article(s)

sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu May 5 02:57:10 UTC 2005

If I'm not mistaken, the Long & Porter article addresses whether or not NNSs
working together will pick up each other's non-targetlike interlanguage forms.
(Conclusion: no. Support: in favor of group work even if all members are NNSs,
whether the subject is ESL or content areas, for various reasons.) A goal is to
look at the argument for group work vs. teacher-centered instruction, a-la major
debates of the '80s. It does not significantly address what happens if a teacher
uses non-standard forms, though it is a great article in its own right.

Laura