[EDLING:1057] CFP: I INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE TESS: TEACHERS OF ENGLISH TO SPANISH STUDENTS

belendb at UJAEN.ES belendb at UJAEN.ES
Wed Nov 2 11:27:15 UTC 2005

Sorry for multiple postings
***************************

I INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE TESS:

TEACHERS OF ENGLISH TO SPANISH STUDENTS

“Learning to Teach and Teaching to Learn”
University of Jaén
March 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2006

ANNOUNCEMENT AND FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

The Research Group "Estudios de Lingüística Aplicada a la Enseñanza del
Inglés" (HUM679) at the University of Jaén is organizing the I
International Conference TESS: Teachers of English to Spanish Students.
“Learning to Teach and Teaching to Learn”, to be held in Jaén from March
16th to 18th, 2006.

The keynote speakers who have confirmed their attendance to our Conference
include:

•	Antonio Bueno González (University of Jaén)
•	Michael Fleming (University of Durham)
•	Hanna Kryszewska (University of Gdansk)
•	Daniel Madrid Fernández (University of Granada)
•	Xaro Mas (GRETA. English Teachers Association of Andalusia)
•	Pascual Pérez Paredes (University of Murcia)

We invite submissions for one of the following five research strands:

1.	New Technologies and Language Teaching
2.	Towards Bilingual Education
3.	Classroom Management
4.	Teaching Very Young Learners
5.	New Trends and Techniques in Language Teaching

 SUBMISSION PROCEDURE

We welcome proposals, in Spanish or English, for 30-minute papers and
45-minute workshops (including a 10-minute discussion period in each
case). A 300-word abstract should be sent to the panel chairs in
electronic format or via snail mail before January 6th, 2006 (see Abstract
Proposal Form attached). Notification of acceptance will be sent to
submitters by January 30th, 2006.

Panel 1: New Technologies and Language Teaching

María Belén Díez Bedmar
E-mail: belendb at ujaen.es
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas s/n. Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Tel.: 00 34 953 212 608

Panel 2: Towards Bilingual Education

Francisca Molina Navarrete
E-mail: fmolina at ujaen.es
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas s/n. Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Tel.: 00 34 953 212 136

Panel 3: Classroom Management

Ana María Ortega Cebreros
E-mail: amortega at ujaen.es
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas s/n. Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Tel.: 00 34 953 212 134

Panel 4: Teaching Very Young Learners

Gloria Luque Agulló
E-mail: gluque at ujaen.es
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas s/n. Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Tel.: 00 34 953 211 828

Panel 5: New Trends and Techniques in Language Teaching

María Luisa Pérez Cañado
E-mail: mlperez at ujaen.es
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas s/n. Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Tel.: 00 34 953 211 825

METHOD OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION FEES

Registration fees should be paid through bank transfer to Caja Rural de
Jaén, account number
3067 0109 32 1150653127, concept TESS I.

A copy of the tranfer must be sent by postal mail to:

María Luisa Pérez Cañado
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas, s/n
Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN

REGISTRATION FEES

Before January 31st, 2006
Participants :	60 €
Students:		50 €

After January 31st, 2006
Participants:	75 €
Students:		65 €

Registration will not be effective until the bank transfer has been done
and a copy of the latter has been received by the Organizing Committee,
together with the Registration Form (it will be made available with the
second call for papers).

Registration fees should be paid by all co-authors of joint papers and
both must participate in the presentation in order to be awarded a
Conference certificate.

PUBLICATION

A selection of the papers and workshops presented will be published in
book format.

IMPORTANT DATES

•	Submission deadline: January 6th, 2006
•	Notification of acceptance: January 30th, 2006
•	Early bird registartion: Until January 31st, 2006
•	Conference dates: March 16th to 18th, 2006

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Antonio Bueno González			(abueno at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-211823
María Luisa Pérez Cañado  (Secretary)	(mlperez at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-211825
María Belén Díez Bedmar			(belendb at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-212608
Gloria Luque Agulló			(gluque at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-211828
Ana María Ortega Cebreros 			(amortega at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-212134
Francisca Molina Navarrete 			(fmolina at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-212136
María del Carmen Méndez García		(cmendez at ujaen.es)
Tel.: 00-34-953-212709

Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación
Universidad de Jaén
Paraje las Lagunillas, s/n
Edificio D-2
23071 JAÉN
SPAIN
Fax: 00 34 953 211 824

For further information, please contact the members of the Organizing
Committee. We look forward to receiving your submission proposals for the
I International Conference TESS.

Sincerely,

The Organizing Committee.