[EDLING:1061] CFP: Computers & Writing Online 2006

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Nov 3 21:35:57 UTC 2005

Call for Proposals

Computers & Writing Online 2006: Making Knowledge on the Digital Frontier

February 6 to 28, 2006

Proposals Due: 30 November 2005

We are pleased to announce Computers & Writing Online 2006: Making Knowledge
on the Digital Frontier-a conference for all educators.  This conference
occurs completely online and complements the face-to-face conference that
will be held in May at Texas Tech University.

We invite proposals from individuals and teams addressing the interface
between writing practice, writing pedagogy, and technology.  Proposals can
be submitted for synchronous, asynchronous, or  poster presentations.
Synchronous presentations and poster sessions will occur on Saturday,
February 18th in the English MOO (encore Learning Environment) at Texas Tech
University.  The schedule allows one hour for synchronous presentations and
45 minutes for poster sessions.  Posters will remain up the entire day, and
poster presenters are encouraged to spend one or more poster sessions in the
virtual room with their posters.  Asynchronous presentations will occur over
five-day periods from February 6th through 28th using the
ComputersandWriting.org site, the information portal for the Computers &
Writing community.

We encourage proposals on a wide range of topics that address the conference
theme of "Making Knowledge on the Digital Frontier."  These topics include
but are not limited to:

*	"New" technologies such as wikis and blogs in the writing
classroom-technologies that are changing the way we deliver and administer
courses in support of our students' learning

*	Reconsideration of past propositions about how computer networks are
best suited for learning and instructionWriting and learning communities
online across distance and culture
*	The sociology of digital communities

*	The interface between Rhetoric and Composition theory and technology

*	The technologies of Technical Communication: theory, practice,
pedagogy

*	Online portfolios-the state of the art

*	Visual rhetoric and new media

Proposals are due 30 November 2005. Send 250-word abstracts by email (in
the body, not as an attachment) to  <mailto:cwonline at lyris.ttu.edu>
cwonline at lyris.ttu.edu. Please be sure to include the following =
information:

*	Email subject line: CWonline2006 Proposal

*	Name

*	Institutional affiliation

*	Title of proposed presentation

*	Whether the proposal is for an asynchronous, synchronous, or poster
session

*	Phone number

*	Email address

For more information on the conference and session formats, please seem the
conference website:  http://english.ttu.edu/cw/cwo2006/
or contact Conference Coordinator, Lennie Irvin: lennie.irvin at ttu.edu.

The conference hosts will provide support (a technology buddy) for those who
may be unfamiliar with any of the online technologies used for the conference.

Pamela Estes Brewer
Lecturer -- Coordinator, Professional Writing
Department of English and Philosophy
Murray State University
PhD Student in Technical Communication & Rhetoric, Texas Tech University
270-762-4719
fax 270-762-4545
pam.brewer at murraystate.edu