[EDLING:1084] CFP: FOREIGN / SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION

Francis M Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Sat Nov 19 23:25:38 UTC 2005

http://uranos.cto.us.edu.pl/~icfsla/firstcircular.htm

XVIIIth  INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on FOREIGN / SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION

Szczyrk, Poland, 18-20 May 2006

Multi-disciplinary perspectives on SLA studies

FIRST CIRCULAR AND CALL FOR PAPERS

The Institute of English at the University of Silesia is pleased to announce the 18th
International Conference on Foreign and Second Language Acquisition. Traditionally, this
conference focuses on research in foreign language learning, concentrating each year on
different aspects of the research field. This time we would like to give priority to SLA’s
research connections with other fields of investigation and explore the intersection of
SLA studies with neurolinguistics, cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics and
socio-cultural studies, among others. Since many aspects of the process of Second/Foreign
Language Acquisition are best accounted for by making references to other fields of
research and combining interdisciplinary insights, we hope that the theme proposed by the
organisers will allow participants to enlarge their points of view and find many
interesting and thought-provoking ideas. All those wishing to contribute papers or just to
attend presentations are welcome to participate in the conference.

The event will be held in Szczyrk, a resort town in the Beskid Mountains of Southern
Poland, from 18th to 20th May 2006. For those who wish to stay in double rooms the
all-inclusive conference fee (covering the participation, conference materials,
accommodation and all meals with the Conference Dinner) of approximately 700 zloty (175
euro) will be collected on arrival at the conference desk. Accomodation in single rooms
(subject to availiability) involves an additional cost of 25 euro (100 zloty). For those,
however, who are willing to transfer the fee in advance (by 31 January 2006), we offer an
early bird bonus of  25 euro (100 zloty), on the condition that the money is paid into
our conference account at the University of Silesia. The account number is 74 1050 1214
1000 0007 0000 7909, the beneficiary: Uniwersytet Slaski w Katowicach, ul. Bankowa 12,
40-007 Katowice, Poland, the title of the payment: ICFSLA + your name. The swift code of
the bank is INGBPLPW. It is very important that you mark the payment with the sub-account
name ICFSLA and your name, because otherwise the financial department will not know where
to allocate the money and we will not have your name on the list of those who have paid.

Paper abstracts should be sent before 31 January 2006 to the Institute of English. The
registration form, including the paper abstract, may be posted or sent by fax or as an
attachment to an e-mail. If you pay the fee into our account, please send us also a fax of
the payment document.

For conference-related matters, contact Professor Janusz Arabski, or Conference
Organisers, at the following address:

Institute of English, University of Silesia

ul. Zytnia 10

41-205  Sosnowiec

POLAND

tel/fax: (48  32)  291 74 17