[EDLING:1091] Fwd: FW: POSITION OPENING AT WISCONSIN - ed policy

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Nov 23 17:48:44 UTC 2005

For those of you who are not on career services list-serv . . .

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>I am writing to ask for your assistance in the University of
>Wisconsin-Madison Department of Educational Policy Studies' search for a
>tenure-track assistant professor specializing in the study of education
>policy.
>
>The Department of Education Policy Studies is a multidisciplinary
>department in the School of Education. We have close ties, through
>cross-appointments and cross-listed courses,  with departments in the
>College of Letters & Sciences.  Several of our faculty are affiliated
>with the Institute for Research on Poverty, the Wisconsin Center for
>Education Research, and the Wisconsin Center for Postsecondary
>Education. The department offers doctoral concentrations in sociology of
>education, comparative and international education, public policy and
>education, anthropology and education, history of education, and
>philosophy of education. We are looking for a faculty member whose
>primary commitment will be to the public policy and education doctoral
>concentration.
>
>We are particularly interested in candidates who specialize in applying
>quantitative analyses to education policy questions and issues.
>
>I have attached the job announcement, and hope that you will share it
>with potential candidates, and with colleagues who may know of potential
>candidates. We would welcome your own nominations of potential
>candidates.
>
>Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer us in conducting a
>successful search.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Michael R. Olneck
>Professor of Educational Policy Studies and Sociology
>University of Wisconsin-Madison

Andrew Coopersmith, Ph.D.
Director of Administration & Advising
Roy and Diana Vagelos Program in Life Sciences & Management
University of Pennsylvania
407 SH-DH, 3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6302
(215) 898-4381