[EDLING:985] CFP: ELT Profession: Challenges and Prospects

Francis M Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Sep 14 17:36:59 UTC 2005

http://elt2006.emu.edu.tr/elt06eng/ProbSubmis.html

The 2nd International English Language Teaching Conference

ELT Profession: Challenges and Prospects
May 2-5, 2006

English Language Teaching Department
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta, North Cyprus

Deadling 7 November 2005

We have all reasons to assume that the 2nd International ELT Conference is a key event in
the English teaching and research calendar in the field. First of all, Eastern
Mediterranean University is an accepted center to train English teachers not only for the
region with about half a dozen universities with the English as a medium of instruction
but also for educational institutions of various levels. Second of all, we are in the
region where cultures meet to cater the global culture whose language is English. Finally,
we are in a place where in early May you can continue talking about the recent
developments taking place in language teaching even after the sessions lying on the golden
beaches just a kilometer away from the campus.

We believe that the conference will provide access to distinguished experts in the field
of TEFL, and offer varied opportunities for discussion and sharing of ideas to promote the
development of and research into the practice and theory of English language education.
Thus, as the perceived local challenges are not locally-bound any more, the only way to
cope with them is to join our hands.

We are working hard to arrange a pleasant stay in our city and to prepare an interesting
and useful conference and waiting for your contribution, which will add to the prestige of
the event. Papers, panels and posters on the conference themes are welcome.

                               Conference Topics

                             - Applied Linguistics (AL)

                             - Computer-assisted Language Learning (CALL)

                             - Curriculum Design (CD)

                             - English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

                             - English for Specific Purposes (ESP)

                             - ELT Management (ELTM)

                             - English as a Foreign Language (EFL)

                             - Global Issues (GI)

                             - Materials Design (MD)

                             - Learner Autonomy (LA)

                             - Language and Cultural Studies (LCS)

                             - Language Teaching Methodology (LTM)

                             - Media & Audio-visual Aids (MED)

                                  - Program Evaluation (PE)
                                  - Research (R)
                             - Teacher Education (TE)

                             - Testing, Evaluation & Assessment (TEA)

                             - Young Learners (YL)