[EDLING:1451] CFP: Semiotic Society of America

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue Apr 11 13:46:56 UTC 2006

Full Title: Semiotic Society of America: 2006 Annual Meeting

Date: 28-Sep-2006 - 01-Oct-2006
Location: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Contact Person: Nathan Houser
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.uwf.edu/tprewitt/SSA.htm

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2006

Meeting Description:

The theme for the 2006 conference is “The Future of Semiotics.” We
encourage papers that address semiotics as a diverse but unified field
of study and that consider its future prospects within the academy.
Following tradition, our theme is non-exclusive and, indeed, we welcome
submissions addressing any topic within our diverse discipline, whether
theoretical or applied.

Call for Papers:

Please submit abstracts of 100 to 350 words carefully composed to give a
clear sense of your proposal. Please also include a short list of
keywords for our program index and be sure to state specifically any AV
requirements. Participants will have thirty minutes for their
presentations, including time for questions and discussion. Abstracts
should be sent to the Chair of the Program Committee, Nathan Houser, at
nhouseriupui.edu. Send your abstracts both in the body of your email and
in an attachment (do not use special fonts or graphics). The deadline
for submission is 30 April 2006. The program committee welcomes
proposals for symposia.

Participants must be paid up members of the Society and must register
for the 2006 Annual Meeting. Annual SSA dues are $50 for regular
membership or $25 for student membership and may be paid online at
www.pdcnet.org/member-ssa.html. The meeting registration fee is $75 or
$35 for students. Optional fees are $15 for a Plenary Luncheon on
Saturday, 30 September, and $30 for the Banquet that evening. Meeting
registration and banquet fees can be sent in advance to SSA 2006,
Professor Nathan Houser, Institute for American Thought, IUPUI, 902 New
York Street, ES 0010, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5157. Annual dues can be
included but with a separate check made out to SSA.

For more information about the program and about registering and
traveling to West Lafayette visit the SSA website:
http://www.uwf.edu/tprewitt/SSA.htm.