[EDLING:1755] Re: Metaphors we Live by in Applied Linguistics?

Felicia Lincoln flincoln at UARK.EDU
Fri Aug 4 12:44:16 UTC 2006

I own a copy of  the book you  are talking aboutl.  It is Lakoff and it has
the title you say.  I just can't put my hands on it right now.  It's a
great book.  Keep hunting.  f

At 03:23 PM 8/3/2006 -0400, Leslie Altena wrote:
>Do you mean,  "The Research Base of Teacher Education: Metaphors We Live
>(and Die) By' by Marilyn Cochran-Smith, Journal of Teacher Education 53(4)
>p283-85 Sept-Oct 2002.   Leslie
>
>Francis M Hult wrote:
>
>>I seem to remember seeing a book (or article?) a while ago that draws on
>>Lakoff and Johnson's 'Metaphors We Live By' to discuss the notion of how
>>our research metaphors influence our work in applied/educational
>>linguistics.  I saw it only in passing and I can't find any leads
>>now.  Does this topic ring a bell for anyone?
>>
>>Francis

Felicia Lincoln, Ph.D.
College of Education and Health Professions
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
203 Peabody Hall
Fayetteville, AR 72701-1201
479-575-8729

The end of the dictatorship of English marks the beginning of North
American cultural democracy.
	-- Joshua A. Fishman, June 2002

sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
	-- Galileo Galilei