[EDLING:1795] Re: CFP: Language Research

Nina Davis nina3davis at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 23 21:21:22 UTC 2006

Tamara

  Please take me off of your email list.  Thank you

  Nina
  nina3davis at yahoo.com

Tamara Warhol <warholt at dolphin.upenn.edu> wrote:
  via the Linguist List . . .

Date: 19-Aug-2006
From: Lori Coulter
Subject: Language Research

Full Title: Language Research

Subject Language(s): Korean

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2006

With this call, we are accepting manuscripts for volume 42.2. The deadline
for submission for volume 42.2 is September 15, 2006. We are looking
forward receiving your manuscripts.

Addresses for submission of manuscripts for volume 42.2:

Submissions from Korea:
Professor Hee-Rahk Chae
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science, Hankuk University of
Foreign Studies
San-89, Wangsan-li, Mohyun-myun, Kyunggi-do, 449-791
South Korea
Email: hrchaehufs.ac.kr
Phone: +011-82-(0)31-330-4293

Submissions from outside Korea:
Professor James Yoon
Department of Linguistics, 4080-A, Foreign Languages Building
University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Email: jyoonuiuc.edu
Phone: 217-244-3055

Starting with the second issue of 2006 (volume 42.2), Language Research
will adopt substantive changes in its publication schedule and scope. New
editors and editorial boards will be in place with longer terms of
service, and
the journal will focus on selected areas of linguistics rather than
covering the
full spectrum of languages and linguistics.

The new editorial policies for the journal effective with volume 42.2
are as
follows:

(1) The journal will publish two issues per year, instead of four.
Submitted
papers to the first volume may be in English or Korean. All papers
submitted
to the second volume will be in English.

(2) The journal will no longer accept papers whose focus is on language
teaching. Submitted manuscripts should have a focus on linguistics. In
addition to all subfields within general/theoretical linguistics, papers in
psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, historical/comparative linguistics,
and
computational linguistics are welcome. Though we see topics in Korean
linguistics as the main area of concentration for the journal, papers
need not
be restricted to issues related to Korean.

(3) Manuscripts may be submitted to either the domestic editor/associate
editor or the international editor/associate editor. Paper or electronic
submissions (PDF) are welcome.

(4) No page charges will be levied on submitted manuscripts. The journal
will
offer editorial assistance starting with volume 42.2.

The newly appointed editors and the editorial board are as follows:

Editors:
Domestic - Hyunhee Lee (Dept. of Korean Language and Literature, Seoul
National University)
International - James Hye Suk Yoon (Dept. of Linguistics, University of
Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA)

Associate Editors:
Domestic - Hee-Rahk Chae (Dept. of Linguistics and Cognitive Science,
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
International - Stuart Davis (Dept. of Linguistics, Indiana University,
USA)

http://mail.yahoo.com