[EDLING:2144] Ghana: We need diversity in local language radio

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Sat Dec 9 20:35:16 UTC 2006

The Statesman

08/12/2006

We need diversity in local language radio

Yesterday, The Statesman carried a special report on the effect of local
language radio on our children's educational development; and particularly, the
increasing wedge it appears to be driving between children from rural and
poorer urban areas, where functionally illiterate parents tend to listen to
Ghanaian language channels, and those children from middle class families with
good-English-speaking parents, who listen to the English radio stations.

Full story
http://www.thestatesmanonline.com/pages/editorial_detail.php?
newsid=102&section=0