[EDLING:1283] Re: Learning language on Web a snap

Shannon Sauro totoro2 at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue Feb 28 15:30:36 UTC 2006

I had the opportunity to take an online Swedish course last year, and I have to
say that one of the highlights was being able to voice-chat in realtime with my
native-Swedish instructor (who was living in France) using Yahoo!Messenger.

She was also teaching a traditional face-to-face Swedish class at a local
French university and had observed that the students she taught online seemed
to have stronger spoken Swedish than those she taught face-to-face class. It
seems the intensive individual attention we web-learners received more than
made up for the far fewer contact hours we had with her.

Shannon Sauro