[EDLING:1718] Symposium/workshop announcement: Politics in language & SNS -- University of New Mexico, October 2006]

Nancy H. Hornberger nancyh at GSE.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jul 20 22:00:28 UTC 2006

With thanks to María Dolores Gonzales of the University of
New Mexico (via Ted Jenkins at CAL) for this tip….

I was wondering if you had received or seen the announcement
of the symposium and workshop we are having October 19-21
here at the University of New Mexico:

"THE POLITICS IN LANGUAGE - A CROSS-DISCIPLINARY ACADEMIC SYMPOSIUM” and
"THE INVISIBLE MAJORITY IN THE SOUTHWEST - LEARNERS OF SPANISH AS A HERITAGE LANGUAGE"

Further information can be found at the webpages for the UNM
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
(http://www.unm.edu/~spanport/) or McGraw- Hill
(http:// www.McGraw-Hill.com).