[EDLING:1314] CFP: Ninth Symposium for Yiddish Studies in Germany, October 2006 (fwd)

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Mar 9 22:49:30 UTC 2006

Ninth Symposium for Yiddish Studies in Germany
Duesseldorf, 9-11 October 2006

The Ninth Symposium for Yiddish Studies in Germany will be held October 9­-11
at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf. This annual Yiddish
Symposium is organized alternately by the Yiddish programs at the
universities of Trier and Duesseldorf and is intended to offer students and
scholars the possibility to present their research, exchange ideas and put
forward questions for discussion.

You are invited to submit abstracts for 20 min. papers until May 1, 2006.
Presentations can be held in Yiddish or German.

As usual, we have decided not to devote the symposium to a single topic in
order not to exclude any of the fields of research within Yiddish Studies.
Interdisciplinary papers with a connection to Yiddish Studies are welcome.

The symposium is open to all those interested in Yiddish Studies. We do ask
participants to register as soon as possible at the address below.

Conference fee: 10 Euro, to be paid in cash at the symposium desk.

Registration:
jiddisch at phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fax: +49-211-81-12027

Regularly updated information will be posted under:

      http://www.phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de/ijs/

We are also happy to answer questions by mail, fax or e-mail.

Simon Neuberg (Trier) and Marion Aptroot (Duesseldorf)

Correspondence address:
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf
Institut fuer Juedische Studien
Abt. fuer Jiddische Kultur, Sprache und Literatur
fax: +49-(0)211-81 14 292
e-mail: jiddisch at phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de

----- End forwarded message -----