[EDLING:1550] BBC E-mail: A Point of View

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue May 9 14:29:19 UTC 2006

Tamara Warhol saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
should see it.

** A Point of View **
The British have never had much of a taste for learning foreign languages and as English becomes Europe's lingua franca, that stubbornness is starting to pay off. But if everyone else can speak English, what does that mean for our sense of identity, asks Lisa Jardine in her weekly opinion column.
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4978074.stm >

** BBC Daily E-mail **
Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
in one daily e-mail
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/dailyemail/ >

** Disclaimer **
The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender have been verified.

If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our frequently asked questions. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm