[EDLING:2013] Korea: How Close Are We to Using English as Official Language?

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Nov 1 14:37:32 UTC 2006

The Korea Times

How Close Are We to Using English as Official Language?

By Park Chong-a
Staff Reporter

English is certainly becoming a must in Korea.

The Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development early this year
announced a plan to strengthen early English education between 2006 and 2010
as part of a human resources development project.

The ministry will earmark about 51 trillion won for the project over the next
five years.

Full story
http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200610/kt2006103114422511990.htm