[EDLING:1931] Malaysia: Islamic curriculum 'adds value'

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Mon Oct 9 03:29:35 UTC 2006

New Straits Times

Islamic curriculum 'adds value'

SHAH ALAM: With the success of the Jawi, Quran, Arabic and Fardhu Ain (JQaf)
curriculum, the government can quash criticism that the education system is un-
Islamic.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said the curriculum added
value to the education system.

"I used to wonder why people said that our educational system was not Islamic.

"After giving much thought, I realised the knowledge that we imparted to
students might be good and appropriate and required by the religion.

Read more
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Monday/National/20061009084645/Article/l
ocal1_html