[EDLING:1937] Re: Teaching infants sign language decreases frustrations for parent and child

hhamilton6 at MAIL.GATECH.EDU hhamilton6 at MAIL.GATECH.EDU
Mon Oct 9 14:49:50 UTC 2006

For those interested here is the full link.
http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=15734&Section=Valley%20Life
The one below produced an error.
Thanks for this information. While signing with hearing children is becoming
more accepted, signing with young deaf children is still lacking. Does anyone
know a special incantation/spell/potion/magic wand/silver bullet to remedy this
situation. As Mayberry has shown in a 2002 article in Nature, deaf children with
hearing parents that don't sign fall behind and never catch up. Being in the
field of deafness for many many years that fact is fairly obvious each day I see
kids at various programs. Any suggestions
hjh