[EDLING:1972] CFP: Nordic Journal of Linguistics

Tamara Warhol warholt at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Wed Oct 18 13:51:16 UTC 2006

via the Linguist List . . .

Full Title: Nordic Journal of Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Danish; Finnish; Norwegian, Nynorsk; Saami, Kemi;
Swedish

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2007

Call for papers: Special Issue on Aspect

The second issue of vol. 30 (2007) of the Nordic Journal of Linguistics
will be a special issue devoted to aspect, edited by Raffaella Folli
(University of Ulster), Heidi Harley (University of Arizona), and Britta
Jensen (University of Cambridge).

Over the past twenty years the investigation of (grammatical and lexical)
aspect has given rise to a very rich body of work in many different
languages. With this special issue we would like to create the opportunity
for a deeper understanding of both lexical aspect and grammatical aspect in
the Nordic languages (which include both the five Scandinavian ones,
Danish, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish, and at least three
non-Scandinavian ones, namely Finnish, Greenlandic and Saami). We also hope
to encourage the investigation of the relation between the lexical aspect
and the grammatical aspect, a topic which until now has received much less
attention.

It is well-known that both types of aspect interact closely with a great
range of different linguistic phenomena such as tense, nominals, adverbials
(including temporal clauses), quantification, and discourse structure.

For this special issue of NJL we welcome papers addressing any issue
related to aspect in any of the Nordic languages from a variety of
perspectives (e.g. syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical linguistics
and psycholinguistics).

The deadline for submission is January 31, 2007. Papers should be sent to
one of the following two guest editors:

Raffaella Folli
School of Communication
University of Ulster
Newtownabbey
Co. Antrim BT37 0Q
Great Britain
r.folliulster.ac.uk

Heidi Harley
Department of Linguistics
University of Arizona
Douglass 200E
Tucson, AZ 85721-0028
U.S.A.
hharleyemail.arizona.edu

The instructions for contributors can be found at the web site of the
Nordic Journal of Linguistics:
http://www.cambridge.org/journals/journal_ifc.asp?mnemonic=NJL

Sten Vikner - Dept. of English
Inst. of Language, Literature & Culture