[EDLING:1912] CFP: CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF ENGLISH (CATE)

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Fri Sep 29 05:01:52 UTC 2006

http://www.cateweb.org/

CALL for PRESENTERS

CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF ENGLISH (CATE)

48th Annual Convention:
Fertile Ground: A Landscape of Voices

February 9-11, 2007
Fresno Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
Fresno, California CATE invites you to present a session at CATE 2007. Our
theme is
Fertile Ground: A Landscape of Voices.
Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2006

Welcome to Fresno, the land of fertile soil and prolific writers and artists.
Our Convention theme captures the agricultural, literary, and artistic past
and present of the San Joaquin Valley. In addition to highlighting poets and
authors from the Valley, our program includes an exciting line-up of key
speakers:

• Firoozeh Dumas, highly acclaimed author of Funny in Farsi, A Memoir of
Growing up in America.
• Jane Hirshfield, winner of the 70th Academy Fellowship for poetic
achievement by the Academy of American Poets.
• Billy Collins, the 2001 U.S. Poet Laureate and finalist for the Lenore
Marshall Poetry Prize.
• Anchee Min, Chinese born author of Red Azalea and Katherine, stories of the
horrors of the Cultural Revolution.
• David Mas Masumoto, author, columnist, and organic peach and grape farmer in
south Fresno.