CFP: Replica papers for Language Teaching

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Wed Dec 26 17:29:34 UTC 2007

Via AAAL...

For the first time in the field, the leading journal Language Teaching (Cambridge University Press) will now devote a section of research papers dedicated exclusively to replication studies. Historically, LT has maintained its role exclusively as a source of information, particularly through its state-of-the-art reviews. However, in line with the new content and format from 2008, publishing such papers will also bring in a new creativity into the journal and a direct and unique contribution to current research agendas, more characteristic of mainstream refereed research journals. In deciding our purview for these papers, I decided to focus on an area of experimental research which receives little or no specific attention in the mainstream journals yet which - it is generally agreed - needs to play a far more significant role than it has up to now in our field. In keeping with the survey characteristics of Language Teaching we also encourage submissions of meta-analyses which attempt to combine or synthesise a series of comparable research replications. The details of this permanent Call for Papers can be obtained from the Editor at: gporte at gmail.com <mailto:gporte at gmail.com>  and I would be grateful if you could distribute this link amongst interested colleagues, students and/or relevant local discussion lists.

Dr Graeme Porte
Editor Language Teaching  (Cambridge University Press) http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=LTA <http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=LTA>

Senior Lecturer in English Language and Applied Linguistics Research Design
Depto. de Filologías Inglesa y Alemana
Campus Cartuja
Universidad de Granada
18071 Granada