Malaysia: Teaching of Mathematics and Science: No change in use of English

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Fri Dec 28 18:19:12 UTC 2007

NST Online

Teaching of Mathematics and Science: No change in use of English

PUTRAJAYA: The teaching of Mathematics and Science in English will continue until a review is held before the end of next year.

The review will determine whether the move has suceeded in improving the students' proficiency in the English language.

Education director-general Datuk Alimuddin Mohd Dom said yesterday that Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein had indicated that a review would be carried out before any decision was made.

"The review cannot be carried out now because it has not reached a full circle yet. By the end of next year, we should know whether we will continue with it or not," he said when announcing the Penilaian Menengah Rendah results at his office.

Full story:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/2119028/Article/index_html