[EDLING:2332] [Town Square] - How do we know that MI really works?

Francis Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Mon Feb 5 17:20:40 UTC 2007

The person shown above has sent you a link of a discussion on the Town Square forum on Palo Alto Online, along with the following message:

"How has it been shown that Mandarin Immersion really is an effective teaching strategy? We know that Spanish immersion works in Palo Alto, but why do we think that MI will work here? We hear that MI works in Cupertino but does "works in Cupertino" mean the same thing as "works in Palo Alto". Does MI really turn out kids with more global awareness, or just kids who can speak a second language? How do you measure that?"

Click the following to access the sent link:

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/square/index.php?i=3&t=922

*This topic can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/square/index.php?i=3&t=922

Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.