[EDLING:2372] Bilingual parenting: A personal account

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Feb 22 03:30:07 UTC 2007

Today's Zaman

Bilingual parenting: A personal account

The decision to raise our children to be bilingual in German and English was a
rather easy one to make.

Our personal reasons were fairly clear: I not only believe that the gift of
language is priceless, but they will have the ability to communicate with a
broader range of people. I want my children to be aware of their American (and
Caribbean) cultural heritage since they will be raised in Austria. To me, this
means complete fluency and knowledge of the English language.

Full story
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=103464&bolum=132