[EDLING:2386] CFP: AILA Extended to 15 April 2007

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue Feb 27 17:13:37 UTC 2007

Second Call for Papers - AILA 2008 - Final Deadline extension

AILA 2008 is extending the deadline for its call for papers, symposia and
poster presentations to April 15, 2007. This extension is in response to
multiple requests from colleagues for more time to submit abstracts.

The conference theme of AILA 2008 is "Multilingualism: challenges and
opportunities" and detailed information relating to the CALL FOR PAPERS is
available on the conference website at www.aila2008.org both in English and in
German. AILA 2008 invites proposals for presentations that are related to
policy, research, and theory in any area of applied linguistics. A detailed
list of the proposed thematic strands is published on the conference website.

However, as we intend to complete the screening procedures by the end of July
2007, despite the extended deadline we would still like to invite colleagues to
submit their proposals as early as possible. We are planning to inform
successful proposals before the summer break, so that those colleagues planning
to apply for financial assistance to their local agencies have enough time to
prepare their applications. As stated on the AILA 2008 website - exact details
as to conference fees and other costs will be posted after the next planning
meeting of the AILA 2008 organising committee in mid-March.

For further information on the Call for Papers and the online submission of
proposals please visit our website at http://www.aila2008.org/call-for-
papers.html